Over on the facebook page, I recently spoke about returning back to the world of juicing and smoothie making (thank goodness I’ve also just found two of my favourite recipe books). Also thank Fiona of Love Your Tresses for re-inspiring me to get back on the straight & narrow lol!
There is no point worry about what you put on your hair without a care of what you put inside your body…it just doesn’t make sense. While indeed the benefits of smoothies and juicing will be evident in the condition of your hair & skin overtime – my decision to take this on again concerns neither one. My health gets top priority!
Today I made a simple smoothie consisting of: 2 handfuls of spinach, 2 apples and 2 baby bananas, about a 1/4 cup of water and blended it all up!
My blender is the Breville Antony Worrall Thompson BL19 Blender and my juicer is the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer.
So why the smoothies? Why juicing?
- First off, it’s an easy, efficient way to ensure you get the majority of your daily nutrition/5 a day
- You feel great, trust me! Juice for like a month and then stop for a few days & you’ll know what I mean
- They are 10x better than taking multi-vitamins – contrary to popular belief not all are regulated by the FDA & also studies are yet to prove any significant health benefits.
- The best way to get nutrition is from food
- It will boost your immune system to protect you from illness
- The best part is also having full knowledge of what you’re drinking (no 0.01% of horse or pig lol – if you’ve read the news lately you’ll understand)
- The benefits also reflect in your skin & hair
- They taste darn good!