Back with another mixtress recipe! I really tried doing one every week, but you know life happens lol!
Anyway, today I come to you with Mavo-Citrus Whip - a hair butter great for providing your hair with the needed oils, works great as a sealant and can be used to twist/braid with as well.
- 50g Mango butter – Rich antioxidants, vitamin A and E.
- 50g Shea Butter – Mositure, Rich in vitamins A and E, helps to heal scalp problems e.g. dry scalp
- 20g Avocado Butter – Contains the antioxidant vitamins A, E and D
- 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil – fresh, calming, earthy scent
- 10 drops Orange essential oil – fresh, sweet, citrus smell,
- 20ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Rich in vitamin E and other powerful antioxidants. Replaces moisture and elasticity. Great healing and preserving properties, helping to restore and retain hair’s health.
- 7ml Castor oil - Increases hair growth, thicken hair reduce and prevent hair damage, eliminate dry hair, conditions and moisturises hair and scalp
- 25ml filtered water – best source of moisture
- 1 teaspoon of potassium sorbate – preservative (for the water I added)
- 1 teaspoon of panthenol - strengthen and repair the hair, coats and binds to the hair follicles, penetrating the hair, natural humectant, on the hair panthenol stays in its pro-Vitamin form.
- Measure out your ingredients
- Put the Mango, Avocado & Shea butter in your non-mentallic mixing bowl-
- Then add the extra virgin olive oil and castor oil to the bowl
- After this, add 10 drops each of the lemongrass essential oil and orange essential oil (for a lovely citrus scent)
- In a separate container mix a teaspoon of Potassium sorbate with 25ml of filtered water, and then add to the main mix
- Then a teaspoon of panthenol
- Use a handheld food processor/mixer to whip up the ingredients
- Whip until you achieve your desired texture – I kept whipping until it became light and fluffy and all the ingredients were thoroughly mixed together.
- Finally, put the whip in a container(s) and you’re hair is ready to enjoy it!
Majority of ingredients purchased from Shea Butter Cottage
If you make the Mavo Citrus Whip or something similar, let us know by commenting below
Disclaimer: These are products that I’ve made that work well on ME and my hair. If you’re allergic to any of the ingredients feel free to modify it.
If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, use essential oils only under the guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner.